Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Seriously

This seems to be a recurring pattern of mine: sign up for race well in advance. Get absurdly excited about race. Train like a maniac. One month before race, lose all interest. Get absorbed in other things. Launch "taper" of extreme proportions. Suddenly wake up one day and realize: "holy shit. I've got a race this weekend."

But my obliviousness does not erase the fact that two days from now, less in fact, I will be running my first-ever half marathon. Yikes, people. I so don't feel ready. Although, I've put a lot of training into this - when I stop to think about it, I'm probably quite well prepared: I have two 10-milers in the bag, several eights and nines, the last of which was about a week and a half ago. I've sprinkled in a few tempo runs, and some easy jogs just for fun. Okay, so this week I did a grand total of two miles, but I'm legitimately tapering - plus, I've had a lot on my mind in terms of work and school. I should be ready, right? Then why do I feel like I haven't been a runner for 10 years?!

Oh well. Sunday shall come, regardless of my preparedness. Here goes nothing.

9 Comments:

  • At 6:06 a.m., Blogger tryathlete said…

    Good luck for the half. My longest distance before my first half was 8 miles, so I'm sure you'll do alright.

     
  • At 6:46 a.m., Blogger L*I*S*A said…

    Good luck on your half mary. You'll do fine! Can't wait to hear the results. :)

     
  • At 7:07 a.m., Blogger yumke said…

    Good luck! IT'll be barely light out at 7 when it starts.. and lets hope it doesn't rain.

     
  • At 8:15 a.m., Blogger mouse said…

    good luck, Liv!

    I always feel totally unprepared for my races too. that's what the taper will do to you. you'll do great!

     
  • At 10:00 a.m., Blogger Brooke said…

    Your going to do awesome!! Good luck.

     
  • At 11:19 a.m., Blogger Neese said…

    Liv! how exciting your first half! :) you will do very well! you will likely be surprised how well you do, but most importantly just enjoy it and the fact that you ARE a runner and you are running and WILL complete the half marathon! :)

     
  • At 12:11 p.m., Blogger Sonia said…

    You'll do great!! You're so ready! Good luck on the half =)

     
  • At 1:48 p.m., Blogger Rice said…

    I think maybe that’s why we race. We do it all the time in training but then come race day there is that twinkle of doubt "can I?" and then BAM! the race is done and all doubt is gone.

    You’re going to love it.

    Cheers.

    Rice.

     
  • At 7:35 p.m., Blogger MNFirefly said…

    Good luck, Liv! You will do GREAT!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home