Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Life and moving

That's my excuse, however legitimate it may be. It's been a crazy week of a) scuba diving b) moving into my new place, and c) moving a friend into his new place. I've run a total of 3 miles, once. Bad Liv, bad. But the one run was a nice tour of my new neighbourhood (okay, so I'm living just south of campus, it's not all that alien) - and I've learned a few good lessons about where NOT to run. For you Torontonians, skip the sidewalk on Dundas. It's all pain, little gain, and a lot of oblivious pedestrians. As if you didn't know that already. But I'm a dumbass, okay? :)

Today I got to show off my darling Garmin to a friend (friend "c" above), who was legitimately impressed with the wonders of nerdy running. He even suggested we should go for a run together sometime. Wheeeeee, running buddy! I have duly warned him about my pace: it'll be an easy jog for him, a hard tempo for me. So the deal is, I'm going to huff and puff like the big bad wolf, and he'll be in charge of telling me stories along the way :)

I have internet in my new apartment now - HIGH SPEED internet, oh the glory - so no further excuses: I am catching up on my blogging from here on in. Hello, strangers - I've missed you.

If only the toilets in our new place worked as smoothly as our computer network... priorities, priorities.

9 Comments:

  • At 1:12 a.m., Blogger A Deal Or No Deal said…

    You can run on that stretch of Dundas early in the morning, late at night or any time you feel tough enough to run in the street and dodge cars and cyclists. I've done that in the past, it definitely wakes you up. Happy running.

     
  • At 3:30 a.m., Blogger tryathlete said…

    Enjoy the new place!

     
  • At 9:12 a.m., Blogger Neese said…

    you'll be back to racking up the weekly mileage in no time! running buddies are awesome!

     
  • At 10:45 a.m., Blogger Sonia said…

    It's good to read you again! Yay for the new place, moving is a workout itself!

    Happy running

     
  • At 2:19 p.m., Blogger L*I*S*A said…

    Enjoy your new digs! I'm so jealous of the Garmin, too. :)

     
  • At 7:13 p.m., Blogger MNFirefly said…

    Sounds like an awesome place...and YEAH to high-speed internet.

     
  • At 8:39 p.m., Blogger Jess said…

    Strangely, life does get in the way of blogging from time to time.

     
  • At 8:55 p.m., Blogger SRR said…

    Nerdy running with the Garmin? HAH! I think not. Nerdy running is water belts! :-)

     
  • At 12:33 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who needs working toilets when you have high speed internet?

    Don't sweat the missed runs. You'll get back on track once things get settled down again. Especially since you have a buddy to run with!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home