Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Ugh

So the trail run didn't exactly happen, by virtue of me becoming violently ill for all of Saturday. Have I ever mentioned that I hate viruses? I probably have. And I do. It was soooo awful, but mercifully short.

There has been some redemption this week - a lovely nighttime 5-miler, and a gruelling 3 mile tempo run today in the nasty nasty heat. Blaaaaaaah. I wish humidity would die.

Ah well, we must soldier on. I apologize for not visiting everyone's blogs much these days - I just don't have time, and I miss you all. Booo hooo hoo hoooo! But I will catch up in the future, I haven't forgotten about you!!! Much love, and run on.

11 Comments:

  • At 2:39 a.m., Blogger MNFirefly said…

    Ah...I forgive you. Get better soon.

     
  • At 9:36 a.m., Blogger Rice said…

    you had a better bug then I got. Mine took me out of a run on Sunday and I THINK I might be able to run slowly today..

    cheer.

    Rice.

     
  • At 12:31 p.m., Blogger Joyce said…

    get better soon!

     
  • At 1:38 p.m., Blogger Jess said…

    Well, I forgive you for not visiting -- for now. But watch your back, I might start lurking around with a baseball bat if you don't catch up with the rest of us!

     
  • At 5:49 p.m., Blogger Hilda said…

    At least it was a brief one!

    Oh yeah... Talk about humidity!! Now I am wondering if you guys there suffer even more than me...

     
  • At 11:29 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope you feel better. And, I'm right there with you - Down With Humidity!

     
  • At 5:02 a.m., Blogger carmen said…

    Viruses suck! I wish you much recovery and I miss your blog entries!

     
  • At 10:02 p.m., Blogger Neese said…

    hi liv, i've seen you on other blogs commenting, and it's my first time to your blog, i will bookmark you. sorry about that virus, glad you're better!

     
  • At 1:03 a.m., Blogger tryathlete said…

    Hope you're feeling better. Get well soon.

     
  • At 10:38 a.m., Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said…

    Viruses totally bite! Get to feeling better soon.

    Stay tuned...

     
  • At 3:29 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    We understand. It's summer and everyone is off having fun in the sun. I hope the virus went away and you'll continue pounding the pavement in the heat of the day or the cool of the night.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home