Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Oh, misery

I think I can count on one hand the days that I have felt healthy in 2007. I can certainly count my runs, and I don't even need a thumb. Pa-the-tic, I tell you. Being "under the weather" doesn't begin to describe it; it's like the weather put on a pair of industrial boots with steel plates and squashed my immune system under its heel like a bug in a rug. So while my friend and I have been talking non-stop about how we are so excited to run a marathon this year, I have yet to submit my official registration because the longer my nose runs, the less I do. I feel the months of fitness training trickling away at an alarming rate, annihilating all my hard-earned accomplishments. The concept of driving 42km is daunting to me at my present energy level; the idea of running that far is unfathomable. So I am taking this moment to wallow in self pity. Wallow, wallow, wallow. And to hope desperately that this will all be over soon, before I waste away into nothingness, and my running muscles all atrophy from lack of use.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:19 p.m., Blogger MNFirefly said…

    Liv, I have the damn problem with my nose. It's SO horrible and I have asthma on top of it so it's MUCH worse. I usually keep a few tissues in my pocket when I run. I do not use my nose as my excuse...period.

     
  • At 11:09 p.m., Blogger miss petite america said…

    dude i totally know how you feel...i have been sick like every other week since december. but running through a runny nose isn't too bad, if that's the only thing that ails you...you can practice blowing snot rockets, or just bring some tissues...

    but even if you don't want to run through sickness, you will bounce back pretty quickly and just think how GREAT it will feel when you finally do :)

     
  • At 6:28 p.m., Blogger SRR said…

    Yeah....but are you mentally there?? :-)

     
  • At 11:54 a.m., Blogger Joe said…

    It's time for your pheonix to rise up from this wallowing self-pity! Just do it, Girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home