Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Golden miles

I've logged a lot of miles this year. Or kilometers - whatever. Not as many miles as most of you real runners out there :) but lots of them all the same. But until today, I never ran miles. As in repeats. Hard, brutal, long, incredibly gratifying mile repeats. And I think I'm hooked.

Mile 1: 8:46!
(rest)
Mile 2: 8:41!!
(rest)
Mile 3: 8:30!!!

Pretty cool for someone who usually churns them out between 10 and 11 minutes. There may be a little speed yet in these short legs o'mine. If I can bring myself to give them the proper training and attention. Regularly. Consistantly.

Ha.

12 Comments:

  • At 2:46 a.m., Blogger MNFirefly said…

    YAYYYYY! Awesome work!

     
  • At 7:58 a.m., Blogger Backofpack said…

    Nice - and fast!

     
  • At 8:21 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW!! You're my hero!!

     
  • At 10:39 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    DANG! those are some fast miles! i'm jealous!

     
  • At 10:44 a.m., Blogger Sonia said…

    You're on fire Liv!!! Keep it up!! =)

     
  • At 11:48 a.m., Blogger tryathlete said…

    Two minutes off per mile just like that? Wow!

     
  • At 12:26 p.m., Blogger Hilda said…

    How did you do that! Incredible jump!

    Now I'm jelaous :P

     
  • At 6:45 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awesome!!! i want to try some speedwork once my half is over, those are my dream splits! way to kick it!

     
  • At 10:49 a.m., Blogger Jess said…

    That's pretty darn speedy!

     
  • At 1:12 p.m., Blogger Rice said…

    Speed work will push you forward in leaps and bound as long as you can handle immediate pain for future gains..

    Great work

    Cheers.

    Rice.

     
  • At 5:09 p.m., Blogger Lance Notstrong said…

    Speed work IS ROUGH!!!!

     
  • At 10:28 p.m., Blogger Mmem said…

    Whoa! Those are some fast negative splits! What's your secret?!?!?!?

    Congrats, that must feel GOOD!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home