Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Braving the streets of Toronto

Took a hiatus from the gym in order to hit the streets on Saturday. It began as an impromptu easy 3-miler, but something took hold of me, and I swear my feet grew wings. Suddenly it was a long tempo run, and it felt utterly sublime. The rain was coming down hard, but *I* was on fire! Hell, I was passing cars on my way down Spadina! I'm fully serious. Okay, so they were stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic, but they were trying to move, so in my mind, the feat is legit.

mile 1: 9:19
mile 2: 9:42
mile 3: 8:19
mile 4: 9:17
mile 5: 8:47

I'm not entirely convinced about that 3rd mile... I think maybe Garmin had a brainfart... but I'll take her up on her sweet little lies...

Total time: 45:26 for 5 miles. That definitely shatters my own records - and my fears about coming up short. I am cruising through those last few hundred kilometers, and I am going to show them who. is. boss.

13 Comments:

  • At 9:43 a.m., Blogger Iron Jayhawk said…

    Damn girl!! Who put jet fuel in your wheaties??

    :)

    And yes...the feat is totally legit.

     
  • At 9:47 a.m., Blogger Sonia said…

    Awesome job!!! Running downtown T.O. is an accomplishment itself! =)

     
  • At 10:39 a.m., Blogger Backofpack said…

    Nice run! Love it when that happens and the run just flows.

     
  • At 11:32 a.m., Blogger tryathlete said…

    Well done!

     
  • At 6:28 p.m., Blogger Jess said…

    What? That 3rd mile is no lie: technology doesn't lie!

     
  • At 9:33 p.m., Blogger MNFirefly said…

    Awesome time, Viv!!

     
  • At 9:48 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW! what a feeling that must have been! so awesome! and i agree, technology does NOT lie! you rocked mile 3!

     
  • At 1:07 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awesome job, Liv!

    Do you think you could have your Garmin have a little chat with mine?

     
  • At 5:10 p.m., Blogger Lisa said…

    Wow, good for you! I didn't run when I was living in Toronto, and I can't imagine running down Spadina - although it's changed a lot I guess. Great mile 3!

     
  • At 2:50 p.m., Blogger Olga said…

    It must be something in the air:) What a nice run!

     
  • At 9:31 a.m., Blogger Danielle said…

    Love those runs...and I question Garmin sometimes too, but then again I question the times I've posted on some races too and those are by chip and official, so I say you had that 8:19 legitimately!!

     
  • At 2:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There's nothing more satisfying than beating the rain and having a great run. Nice time for mile 3.

     
  • At 11:53 p.m., Blogger carmen said…

    Damn, you're getting FAST!

    You inspire me. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home