Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Gym rat

It's taken a while of easing in, but I think I'm officially there now: I'm a gym rat again. After all, I was there twice today - once for the 3 deadly miles, and once for an (almost as deadly!) yoga class.

Bye bye, great outdoors! You are too cold and blustery for me. Here is why hitting up the indoor track kind of rocks:

1-It's warm.
2-I can crank up the ipod (which works again! This is SUCH a high point in my life right now...) and tune out the world without fear of being run over by a car/bus/truck/rabid pedestrian/equally rabid racoon.
3-Almost everyone is faster than me. No really, this is a good thing: it's motivational. For the most part.
4-A select few are slower that me. And damn - THAT makes me proud.
5-A good portion of the girls there have far hotter bodies than I. That, I'll admit, turns me a particular shade of green on occasion (I should get shorts to match), but, again....it's motivational.
6-And most importantly: I get to have GYM CRUSHES! No, it's healthy, really - nothing like having the hots for someone to make you keep on running :)

Incidentally, my gym crush of the day spurred me on to greater speeds, greater agony, and overall greater satisfaction:

mile repeats:
1- 8:30
2- 8:32
3- 8:25

Too bad that secret somebody was finished working out and gone before I got down to stretching. Ah well. I don't take these things personally.

Oh and P.S., in response to the many questions about my last post: yes, she is in fact a scale AND a body fat monitor. And I take what SHE says VERY personally.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:43 a.m., Blogger MNFirefly said…

    Very nice splits!! Great job!

     
  • At 7:17 a.m., Blogger tryathlete said…

    So, has anyone got a gym crush on you yet?

     
  • At 8:31 a.m., Blogger Backofpack said…

    Good deal Liv. I can't agree with you about running indoors though - all though all those things may be true...it's just too much for me. I'd rather be in the cold and wet, as strange as that may seem!

     
  • At 9:25 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ah, the gym crush. it's funny the things that motivate you :) the skinny minis in their perfect workout gear do NOT motivate me, but the guy on the treamdill in front of me with nice calves...oh yeah!

    how does the body fat monitor work and how accurate is it?

     
  • At 3:28 p.m., Blogger Jess said…

    Man, you were flyin'!

     
  • At 9:43 p.m., Blogger Mmem said…

    Awesome mile times! Going to the gym sounds great, no more cold!

    You have a great attitude!

     
  • At 10:52 p.m., Blogger Iron Jayhawk said…

    I wish I had it in me to be a gym rat! Nicely done. You need to run with your camera phone so you can show us these crushes!!! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home