Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Stroke my ego, thaaaaaaat's right....

Tonight I chatted with my buddy the security guard for the first time in a long while (it's been many a week since I worked a Friday night), and do you know what he asked me? A woman's favourite question. "Hey, did you lose weight?"

Hell, yes, I did - 11 pounds and counting - and thank you thank you thank you my most favouritest security guard ever for noticing! My vanity adores you.


















Okay, it's not just about vanity - it's really about health. I feel so much fitter, stronger - dare I say it, maybe even faster, since losing the wintertime pudge. And that six-pack? I'm digging it out, slowly but surely - and no, before you even make the joke, not the beer kind. This is the real thing, baby :)

All my newfound lightness (okay, fitness) will be needed tomorrow if I do the run I am hoping for - 10km on trails, in the wilds of Mississauga. I will make like the deer (of which I have seen several in those parts!), because I will have to keep up with Michael. Well, let's be realistic - he will have to slow down for me :)

Michael doesn't actually know about this plan of mine yet. Ah, ignorance is bliss. But that's okay - I'm going ALL THE WAY to Mississauga to keep him company. He can be persuaded. Guilted. Whatever. We've walked the trails on UTM campus a couple of times now, and they are so lovely, I am just dying to run them. The city is so nasty these days, with the heat and all, it would be wonderful to get off the toads LOL I just realized my typo but I had to leave that it's too funny. I mean roads of course, roads... I don't make a ribbit habit of running on toads ;)

So here's hoping it works out. Happy running!

17 Comments:

  • At 2:01 a.m., Blogger tryathlete said…

    Have fun! 10K on trails will dig out that sixpack even more. And why not run with your left arm held towards the sky so Garmin doesn't give you negative mileage!

     
  • At 2:05 a.m., Blogger Liv said…

    Lol, Try - so true! I'm definitely going to have to suck it up with my ODD (obsessive distance disorder) and concede to run approximately 10k.

     
  • At 9:01 a.m., Blogger Amy said…

    Oh...I'm so jealous of the 6 pack!

     
  • At 10:31 a.m., Blogger onepinkfuzzy said…

    yay!

    have fun on the trails

     
  • At 5:14 p.m., Blogger MNFirefly said…

    I am still working on my 4-pack, much less a 6-pack. Have fun during the 10K.

     
  • At 7:19 p.m., Blogger Brooke said…

    I love that comic--it is too funny. Congrats on the weight loss, I was up to 11 lbs. lost, but 3 of them have found me. I need to get motivated again.

     
  • At 10:00 a.m., Blogger Rice said…

    just keep chiping away every thing that is not liv.

    cheers

    Rice.

     
  • At 1:34 p.m., Blogger Olga said…

    Good luck, have fun, and spare some six-pack this way, please!

     
  • At 2:51 p.m., Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said…

    Hope you don't bump into any frogs, err... I mean logs on the trail run.

    Stay tuned...

     
  • At 8:16 p.m., Blogger Jess said…

    Congrats on the weight loss and I suggest you marry that security guard: A man who notices a woman's weight loss is more valuable than gold.

     
  • At 8:34 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Congratulations Liv on the weight loss. I hope you got out there for the 10K on trails.

     
  • At 3:50 p.m., Blogger Jessica DeLine said…

    lol. you're post made me laugh hard!

     
  • At 6:55 p.m., Blogger Ben, aka BadBen said…

    Trails are so much more fun to run than toads.
    Liv Strong!

    Happy trails,
    Bad Ben

     
  • At 8:48 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so jealous and happy for you at the same time. A six-pack you got to give me advice!
    Keep up the awesome work.

     
  • At 11:08 p.m., Blogger Backofpack said…

    Hope you have a great time out on the trails. It'll certainly be better than city streets in the heat. Congrats on the weight loss too!

     
  • At 11:53 p.m., Blogger SRR said…

    Love it, love it, love it! The funny that is!!!

     
  • At 12:35 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah on the weight loss and the 6 pack!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home