Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Just lace 'em up and... shit

Well, I finally dragged my sorry behind to the gym today, feeling hale and whole for the first time in I can't remember how long. Though I really did feel lazy as hell on the way there, the act of changing into my gear and powering up the zillion steps to the track really fired me up and I was pumped to get running again by the time I....

.... realized that Tuesday night is track team night. Exclusive track team night. As in, you sad sorry slow mere members, please keep your stumpy legs off our turf. This is Varsity territory for the next two hours.

*sigh*. So yours truly had a date with a very rickety, uncomfortable stationary bike instead. But I pumped the shit out of that thing, and if it wasn't running, it at least felt wonderful to get my heart rate up. Followed up with a short yoga session (hidden away in a corner so I wouldn't get run over by maniacally charging varsity hurldlers), and felt that at least my time had been productively spent.

So no miles to log today. But I'm back, after a fashion. And I intend to keep it that way!

7 Comments:

  • At 2:09 p.m., Blogger Joe said…

    The stationary bike had shit in it?

     
  • At 4:31 p.m., Blogger miss petite america said…

    for me, the bike is worse than running...so kudos to you for getting the workout in!

     
  • At 9:02 p.m., Blogger Sonia said…

    bike is my worst enemy.... you are courageous!!! =)

     
  • At 1:28 a.m., Blogger Jess said…

    Good to have you back, bike or no bike!

     
  • At 9:51 a.m., Blogger tryathlete said…

    Still 0 miles this week???

     
  • At 10:25 a.m., Blogger A Deal Or No Deal said…

    One more reason to go run outside.

     
  • At 8:58 a.m., Blogger Full Metal Lunchbox said…

    I know that having to use the stationary bike wasn't your first choice, but at least you got in some good cross-training.  Sometimes it's nice to work other muscles, no?  (That being said, I hate the stationary bike, too.)

    I'll bet you can't wait to run outside again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home