Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

An unorthodox workout

So - today I was going to go to the gym. I really really was.

But first... first I had to go to Future Shop to return/exchange a DVD player. So I walked there... only to discover that I had brought the WRONG RECEIPT with me! I walked home. I got the right one. I walked back. A customer service person then informed me that there was nothing wrong with my DVD player at all - I only needed an adaptor to make it work. No exchange - and no receipt necessary.

I walked home. And I skipped the gym.

I figure, I spent enough time walking today to merit workout points. And I probably burned lots of extra calories by muttering, cursing, and smacking myself repeatedly in the head.

Sometimes, I am really an imbecile.

9 Comments:

  • At 8:54 a.m., Blogger miss petite america said…

    not that i think you're an imbecile, but that's a darn good word! i need to use that more often in my everyday speech. about OTHER people of course :)

     
  • At 10:42 a.m., Blogger L*I*S*A said…

    Ouch...don't hit yourself like that.

    I'm with miss petite on this one. I love the word imbecile, and I plan on sprinkling it into daily conversation much more often.

     
  • At 10:55 a.m., Blogger Hilda said…

    oh yeah, days like that, fortunately they don't happen that often.

     
  • At 10:03 p.m., Blogger Brooke said…

    We have all been there girl.

     
  • At 10:16 p.m., Blogger SRR said…

    If one burns calories from cursing then I think I fucking win that contest hands down. If only it were that easy!! AGHHH!!

     
  • At 7:40 p.m., Blogger Neese said…

    oh yes walking that much so counts sometimes :)

     
  • At 11:09 p.m., Blogger Sonia said…

    Walking is a great cross training activity :o) You're not an imbecile!! Just technology challenged! ;-)

     
  • At 3:17 p.m., Blogger tryathlete said…

    I'd log that repeated head smacking as an arm workout.

     
  • At 5:45 p.m., Blogger Lance Notstrong said…

    How many calories does cursing burn anyway? :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home