Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Finding my mojo

Breaking news... this just in...

I have learned how to exercise again.

I finally did it - went to the gym, did some swimming, some running, some core crunching - THREE WHOLE TIMES this week. And I feel GREAT.

Isn't it idiotic the way we get ourselves (okay, I won't speak for everyone, the way I get myself) into these vicious cycles of "I feel crappy. I don't want to exercise. Now I feel crappier for not exercising"? The only real solution is to lace up the shoes, suck it up, and get the hell out there.

And all it took was Thanksgiving dinner, about a zillion pounds of chocolate, and 3 new and decidedly unwanted pounds on my body, to finally convince me something needed to be done. Motivation, motivation, motivation.

11 Comments:

  • At 5:33 a.m., Blogger tryathlete said…

    Good luck with keeping it up!

     
  • At 9:12 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Thanksgiving! :-)
    way to get out there and back in the groove!

     
  • At 9:28 a.m., Blogger Brooke said…

    I am the same way. But once I find my mojo I am not so quick to let it go.

     
  • At 7:26 p.m., Blogger MNFirefly said…

    Good luck! It's great you went back to the gym.

     
  • At 9:25 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, whatever it takes!

     
  • At 2:18 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dude, i am totally the same way. though my slackerishness has more to do with my injury. and i'm sure that nursing it with chocolate and beer doesn't help :)

    but way to get back in the swing of things. it can be hard when you've taken some time off.

     
  • At 11:34 a.m., Blogger Hilda said…

    It is hard to come back as it is to climb up to the path of enjoyement for me.
    Sounds like it wasn't that bad for you! Keep up!

     
  • At 12:00 p.m., Blogger Jess said…

    Good for you, getting back at it! You could always sign up for a race; that would help motivate you.

     
  • At 8:49 p.m., Blogger teacherwoman said…

    I came across your blog from neese... I too can relate to those vicious cycles of "I feel crappy. I don't want to exercise. Now I feel crappier for not exercising"....I can totally hear you on that one! Way to get out there this week! Wahoo!

     
  • At 12:39 p.m., Blogger Lance Notstrong said…

    I thought Thanksgiving was in November. Damn, I forgot to have some turkey :-(

     
  • At 9:05 a.m., Blogger Danielle said…

    Ah yes, the dreaded weight gain...a great motivator!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home