Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Running again

It's only been two days, but I felt like it was forever since I last ran... finally got out for a few decent loops of Queen's Park - felt lovely, except for the damn burger than I are for dinner making its presence known. Note to self: hamburger takes longer to digest than most "normal" foods. Leave at least 3 hours between hamburger and running efforts for future reference.

So yes, sweet run, I'm back on my feet - except for at the moment I'm completely plastered, being that my last exam was today and I'm in full-on celebration mode. Another note to self: stop blogging when drunk. People will think you are an alcoholic. Which is totally not true. But writing helps me focus, which in turn, I believe, makes me more sober before going to bed. At least, that's the theory... and I'm sticking to it.

7 Comments:

  • At 9:12 a.m., Blogger L*I*S*A said…

    I've noticed that burgers tend to sit my stomach as well! I try to remember to wait a bit longer before running, but I don't always wait quite long enough!

    Happy celebrating!!! Enjoy yourself. :)

     
  • At 10:58 a.m., Blogger Backofpack said…

    I've heard that comment about burgers and steaks both. My husband will even complain the next day! I am vegetarian, so I haven't experienced it myself. I do try to wait a couple of hours if I've eaten a big meal.

    Remember, running is good for hangovers!

     
  • At 11:04 a.m., Blogger Hilda said…

    I have to remember that too, avoiding hamburguers.... not for dinner either!

    Drinking? Well you are 20 is fine!

     
  • At 1:49 p.m., Blogger Jess said…

    What holds true for hamburgers is the same for tacos. Must be the beef.

     
  • At 3:53 p.m., Blogger mouse said…

    haha!

    can I just say how totally impressed I am at your lack of grammatical errors?

    congrats on school being done!

     
  • At 11:02 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Congratulations on finishing your last exam and getting back to running.

     
  • At 12:14 p.m., Blogger Liv said…

    Ha ha - mouse, if you only know how many times I used the delete key, trying to put together a coherent few lines... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home