Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Run for your cereal

Today is an exciting day... new shoe day! I *heart* the Running Room - their staff are ever so friendly and helpful. The salesman looked at my old shoes, at my feet, at the way I walk, lunge, and transfer weight... it felt oh so professional. Then I tried on a few recommended pairs and found one that felt like a dream - woohoo! Of course, I had to pick the ones with the highest price tag. It just figures. But then my friendly sales guy came through again - he mentioned that they were doing a promotion with Vector cereal, and if I hopped over to the Loblaws down the street and picked up a box, I could save 20%! Sweet! He put the shoes on hold for me, and I jogged over. This was a slightly eventful excursion, since I was in a rush to be somewhere else and therefore needed to run - and because (beware, possible TMI to follow), I was sadly bra-less for the day. I usually don't bother to wear bras, I hate them, and I can get away without them no problem... unless I am running. Yikes. But I made it to Loblaws all the same, not much the worse for wear, picked up my cereal (I happen to love Vector and will actually eat it, which makes the deal even better), and headed back again. Sales guy molested my box of cereal by clipping out the coupon - however, between that small damage and the money card I still had left over from Christmas, I saved over $60 on these new babies. Not bad at all. Test run tomorrow... hope they feel just as good after a couple good kilometers!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:44 a.m., Blogger A Deal Or No Deal said…

    their staff are ever so friendly and helpful

    I clearly didn't happen to be that sales guy. I kid, I kid, I love each and every one of my customers.

    How's the Vector? All this Vector talk has worked, I might buy some.

     
  • At 8:46 a.m., Blogger Olga said…

    Congrats on new shoes! Hope they treat you nicely;)

     
  • At 10:28 a.m., Blogger Downhillnut said…

    You got a deal and they're even PURPLE! Cool! Do them proud.

     
  • At 11:33 a.m., Blogger Backofpack said…

    Nice. Getting new shoes is so exciting! Then the challenge: can you keep them clean?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home