Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Quick post, b/c I REALLY should be studying

...But studying sucks. However, as my exam will be over in less than 12 hours, I guess I should bit the bullet and get to work. Soon.

One more test run with the new shoes today has convinced me that they are indeed worthy. Though it was dreadful to run on the treadmill when it was so glorious outside (still had to keep 'em clean until I reached the final verdict), I had an absolutely lovely tempo run - 9:27 pace for 2.5 miles/4k, no pain whatsoever, and I felt like I could have done it all over again when I was through, no sweat. Well... okay, to speak truly, there was sweat. And I refrained from a repeat, because after all I am supposed to be tapering diligently this week. Only six days to go, and I get to pick up my goodie bag on Thursday, yippee! I spent a little of my excess energy by actually working on abs and arms for a change - very neglected areas of my body.

And now, alas, I must return to my very neglected lecture notes. Ptooey.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:16 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    I hope your test went well. I had one today also. I got a title page done for my paper so I felt I deserved a break so I thought I'd come over and see what you have been up to besides drinking and partying.

    I love to run in new shoes. I have two new pairs sitting in the box waiting to be run in. If I can olny wear down the other four pairs that I currently run in. And yes I probably have a fetish for running shoes.

     
  • At 9:14 p.m., Blogger onepinkfuzzy said…

    very cool, glad the shoes are working! good luck on your exam.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home