Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Feeling skinny....er

Three reasons that I am moderately satisfied with the shape of my body this week:

1. I fit into my "skinny jeans". You know, those ones you keep around because they're too tight but you swear you'll fit into them again someday... (yes, this is stolen from Sex and the City, I acknowledge it isn't my brilliant idea). They're back, baby, they're back - as long as I don't eat while I'm wearing them.
2. My race shirt for the 10k is extra-small. (Okay, so it's men's sizes, which spoils the fun a little, but still...) It's also blue, and that in itself is a happy thing.
3. The scale at work says I weigh 139, and since the scale at work is evil, I must really weigh even less than that.

Funny - at the beginning of this year, that weight would have horrified me - but now that it signifies having lost 3 pounds (maybe more... evil work scale is unforgiving...) it makes me happy. At least I'm on the right track. And more importantly than what I weigh, I feel good, strong, and ready to go on Sunday.

Still want to lose 5 pounds, though. Or maybe 10. But let's not get overly destructive ;)

5 Comments:

  • At 8:33 a.m., Blogger L*I*S*A said…

    Great job, Liv...you'll lose those lbs. in no time. Congrats on the 3 #'s, too. :)

     
  • At 12:49 p.m., Blogger onepinkfuzzy said…

    woo hoo!!!!! that's awesome!

    and with running, you'll just keep losing the weight (that's what I've discovered anyway - I can't keep it on!)

     
  • At 4:22 p.m., Blogger tryathlete said…

    Good luck for the 10K. Have fun!

     
  • At 5:29 p.m., Blogger Backofpack said…

    Way to go Liv! Love those skinny jeans - keep running and before you know it, you'll be able to eat while you are wearing them!

     
  • At 11:56 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Good luck at the 10K tomorrow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home