Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Oh, the day after...

It seems that after falling asleep in a drunken stupor the night before, I inevitably wake up at some godawfully unreasonable hour in the morning. Some cruel trick my body likes to play, I guess. Or, more likely, the call of the bladder, berating me for such injudicious liquid consumption. So here I am, 9:45am on a Sunday... blogging. I'm beginning to think I really have an addiction to this.

But the birthday way a blast, although some moments of it are hazier than others. My best friend called from Australia, and after wishing me all the best and ascertaining my level of tipsiness at the time, demanded to speak to the ex. He was thus given details of his mission: to get me as drunk as possible, and then make sure I got home in one piece. Both of which were accomplished with flying colours, although perhaps with a few more dramatics on my part than were absolutely called for. But that was the pitcher talking... or was it more than that??? Whatever the precise amount, it probably ruined all the training I managed to sneak in this week. Sitting here with a bottle of water and a piece of bread (if I'm up, I might as well stop the hangover cold in its tracks...), I feel somewhat guilty about that aspect. I could say I was "carbo-loading"... but that's a pretty awful excuse to begin with, and for a 10k race... no one's buying it :)

However, I am happy to report that despite a very long day yesterday, I did drag myself out the door for a lovely 4k in the sun (24:24 - and whatever your PR may be, don't laugh, this is a fast easy run for me...), bringing my grand monthly total to 103.2 km. Yay! Some of us are accomplishing more virtuous missions than intoxicating others...

Technically, it's true, the month's not quite over yet.

But I'm pretty sure there won't be a run in the cards today.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:42 p.m., Blogger Backofpack said…

    Oh, come on Liv! There's nothing like a run to sweat a hangover out. Feels awful going out, feels awful running, but at the end...feels great to be finished and to clear those cobwebs. Plus you just feel better in general. You might leave your cookies on the roadside...but that helps to! Go on out for a run, then report back - did it work?

     
  • At 3:16 p.m., Blogger Jessica DeLine said…

    After that partying I'm impressed you got out for a run the next day. That's determination! Good job on passing 100km!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home