Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

It's past midnight which means I should be in bed, but actually what it really means is that it is now officially my birthday!

I have two milestones to hit tomorrow (aka April 29th, for anyone who's counting):

#1 Turn 21 years old. This one should take care of itself.

#2 Run at least 800 meters. I did my tally this evening, and my month's worth of running comes up to a grand total of 99.2km... go figure!

I should definitely do this run Saturday. Sunday is scheduled for birthday recovery. A run may be out of the question.

That's okay, I got a ton of new running gear today by abusing the ex's Nike store discount. It's crying out for a workout - fitting in a run should be a pleasure.

-----

Shoe update: took 'em for a 3-mile fartlek today. I'm pretty pleased, although the arch support may be the one thing slightly lacking. Might have to pop by the drug store and try out some inserts. In the meantime, I'm keeping them clean... and keeping the receipt.

And btw, I *loooooove* fartleking (tee hee)... 3 miles in 27:37 - very speedy for yours truly!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:31 a.m., Blogger A Deal Or No Deal said…

    Happy birthday. Who doesn't love an exam-time birthday?

     
  • At 3:34 p.m., Blogger Backofpack said…

    Happy Birthday!

    Maybe for the arch support you should try something like Superfeet or Orthofeet - check them out at the running store. They cost $25 to $30, but last a long time (a year) and give more support than the drug store version. They sure helped my aches and pains...though those may have come about because my 21st birthday was back in...well, before you were born...

     
  • At 12:26 a.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Happy Birthday! I hope you had a good one.

     
  • At 2:35 a.m., Blogger tryathlete said…

    Happy 21st. Hope it was fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home