Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Blooper reel

Just heard about this today: embarrassment and upset at the Ottawa Marathon. Man, what a bunch of stupid kids. If you're going to marshal a big race, you should bloody well be where you're supposed to be, and pay attention. Sheesh. Being shorted by 400 metres on a marathon... boy, that's got to hurt. I would be p-i-s-s-e-d.

Just goes to show there are some benefits to being a slow poke. There are always so many runners ahead of you, it's impossible to get lost!

It's been a day of mayhem in Toronto today - first really hot day of the year, and then bam! Public transit workers on an illegal walkout. Traffic, traffic, everywhere, and steamy and stinky as hell. Or what I imagine hell to be like. Not that I've visited or anything.

Me? I just decided to stay home, and call it a "rest day". I wanted to run, or maybe bike, I really did. But not that badly.

And now here I am at work, and after busting my ass to get here on time, my first patient is incredibly late. I think she might not even be coming, but I can't tell for sure, because when I called her house I talked to someone whose grasp of English is apparently only strong enough to say "I no understand English." Sigh. It's apparently just one of those days. One of those days when you just have to say, fuck it - what can you do.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:55 p.m., Blogger SRR said…

    Can you read at work? Maybe that would help pass the time?

     
  • At 2:38 a.m., Blogger Jessica DeLine said…

    damn.. that marathon story is crazy. And come on - what runner memorizes a course befeore the set out? I'm surprised they almost blamed the runners for that...

     
  • At 5:42 a.m., Blogger Liv said…

    "Can I read at work?"

    Oh, yeah. Work hard, then rest hard is the way it works on this shift.

    Let's face it. I practically get paid to blog.

    Don't tell my boss I said that ;)

     
  • At 11:19 a.m., Blogger Jess said…

    See, if you lived in the US of A, you wouldn't have had to work yesterday because it was a holiday. One of the few advantages to living this side of the border. (Although, I do believe Canadians had a long weekend the week before -- dammit, there goes my one reason to remain in America!)

     
  • At 1:04 p.m., Blogger Olga said…

    Loved the biking picture! And damn the marathon mishap, I'd be pissed too.

     
  • At 4:54 p.m., Blogger Hilda said…

    I tell you, I was scared to think about this thing happening to me when running the marathon in Mexico, now if it happens I will know that it can happen anywhere... still grrrrr.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home