Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Back to back

Yes, it's finally happened, I ran two whole days in a row. It's been a long hiatus. And yes, they were only 3-milers, but they happened, goddammit, and that's what counts. Still, I've decided not to beat myself up over the running too much. This is my recovery time. After June 4th, I start a training program, and then we really get serious, baby.

Finally, my bike has matching tires (my mechanical prowess is growing!), and I took it out for a spin. Yikes, I only have a week and a half before this 75km disaster-waiting-to-happen - time to bust my ass. Literally.

Tryathlete commented after my previous Ride for Heart-related post that he would be willing to sponsor me if I pull through this thing. Thanks Tryathlete! So spurred on by this unexpected proposal, I am going to shamelessly plug myself here - if anyone else would like to make a donation to the Heart and Stroke Foundation via me, just send me an email at countess12nightAThotmailDOTcom and I will set you up with online pledging.

Happy running, happy biking, happy everything outdoorsy and athletic and joyous and fun!

14 Comments:

  • At 9:47 a.m., Blogger Jess said…

    Good luck with getting back into the swing of things. I know it feels like I am starting over every few months, so I understand your plight.

     
  • At 10:38 a.m., Blogger Hilda said…

    Something is something, but don't call it disaster, it will be a some experience!

     
  • At 10:46 a.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Liv, there's no rest for the wicked. Get out there and ride like the wind.

     
  • At 11:10 a.m., Blogger tryathlete said…

    I can't remember the last time I ran on consecutive days. Gulp. It's been that long.

    Will you be Livtoride for the next ten days?

     
  • At 11:34 a.m., Blogger Joe said…

    Back to back days! Wow! I don't think my knees would forgive me if I did that right now. Thank god for swim days.

     
  • At 12:13 p.m., Blogger Rice said…

    Awesome! Time to get back into that grove..

    Cheers.

    Rice.

     
  • At 1:07 p.m., Blogger L*I*S*A said…

    Great job on the back-to-backs. :)

     
  • At 2:03 p.m., Blogger Backofpack said…

    Good deal - glad you are back at it.

     
  • At 8:03 a.m., Blogger Brooke said…

    Your doing great girl. Keep up the great work.

     
  • At 12:32 p.m., Blogger psbowe said…

    That's alright, you're not the only one. I only ran once since my last race.

     
  • At 12:51 p.m., Blogger Olga said…

    Now don't loose this momentum, get out there even if for 10 min!

     
  • At 1:22 p.m., Blogger SRR said…

    Oh...you will most definitely pull through on this thing...because you are strong!

     
  • At 8:34 p.m., Blogger Ryan said…

    what up Liv, "goddammit", two 3-milers in a row is definitely worth a celebration!! I'm in full agreement! Keep it up

     
  • At 6:42 p.m., Blogger onepinkfuzzy said…

    woo hoo!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home