Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Dirty girl

This is what happens when you bike unexpectedly through the mud, without the benefit of fenders.

Yummy, yummy, yummy.

And an incredibly good time too. I swear I got dirt between my teeth from smiling the whole time!

Actually, I came across all this muck while exploring a park near my house which I haven't really been to much, and have decided that it is definitely going to be my next long run destination - it even has a smattering of unpaved trails, something I am always on the lookout for in Toronto -they're hard to come by! I really wanted to run there last night, but since I'm a little leary of the place after dark (it's had it's share of high-profile stabbings and the like), I decided to stick to the roads.

I did nevertheless manage to encounter some fun sights and sounds while circling the neighborhood, including a front lawn bedecked with 50 pink plastic flamingoes in honour of someone's birthday, and some sort of crazy backyard concert/really loud jam session that could be heard for two blocks - I circled around several times because the music was so good! It was like being in a race, when they have bands along the course and the music just pumps you up right when you need it. It was wonderful.

Of course, it wasn't entirely like a race, since my pace was abysmally slow. 11:37 average, for 7 miles, which is pretty darn lazy for me. However, it was my first "long" run in about a month, so I'm not upset over it - I felt great, and it was just nice to get out there and finally run for more than an hour. Plus, I took Ms. Camelbak out for her first real test (as in, the run was long enough that I actually needed water!), and may I just say that I am in love. So in love. Camelbak + Garmin = the running Dream Team. Too bad iPod nano got left behind this time. She might be a little jealous.

9 Comments:

  • At 9:50 a.m., Blogger Backofpack said…

    That's evidence of a good ride!

     
  • At 10:34 a.m., Blogger tryathlete said…

    You must have been going quite fast to get muck up your back that high up!

     
  • At 12:45 p.m., Blogger Joe said…

    Funny photo! I've never seen mud reach all the way up to the helmet!

    Those Camelbaks are pretty cool. Which model do you have?

     
  • At 5:29 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Nice!!!

     
  • At 7:08 p.m., Blogger Hilda said…

    Just can't run with out them either, but I do include my music player!

     
  • At 12:32 a.m., Blogger SRR said…

    Pink flamingoes...that says it all!

     
  • At 7:55 a.m., Blogger Jess said…

    You were a mud skunk!

     
  • At 7:39 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like a fun time - mud and all.

     
  • At 1:33 p.m., Blogger L*I*S*A said…

    Now, that's what I call a GREAT RIDE!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home