Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Break 100

I currently have "BREAK 100" written in bold black marker on a yellow post-it, which is prominantly stuck to my bookshelf in plain view from anywhere in my room. It's my tangible, constant reminder of my current running mission: to log 100km or more for the month of April.

This New Year, I mentioned that I wanted to run 1000km in 2006. Now I realize that to be on track for this goal, I really have to break it down month by month and plan so that I will get there. Aside from all that, running farther and more often just feels so good!

I love looking back through my log (and my blog!) and seeing the evidence of how far I've come. In November I was struggling with setbacks, and barely able to eke out 3k. Now I regularly run 4 or 5k as an "easy" run, and my long runs have passed the 12k mark! I'm feeling strong, fit, and capable of so much more. And although that half-marathon looms over me menacingly, I feel that with a summer of good training ahead of me, I will be more than ready to tackle it.

Break 100!

5 Comments:

  • At 3:27 p.m., Blogger Backofpack said…

    It sounds like you are on track to meet your goal. When you think about the half, remind yourself about how the 12K used to feel and about how it feels now. If you keep your training up, the half marathon distance will feel just that good!

     
  • At 3:58 p.m., Blogger onepinkfuzzy said…

    go liv go! break 100!

    doesn't it feel great to look back through and see how far you've come? and then, isn't it inspiring to think of how much farther you still can go?

     
  • At 4:08 p.m., Blogger Jessica DeLine said…

    yay! You can do 100! I love looking back at where I came from. Back to the days when i couldn't even run 3 miles non stop. it's such a great feeling!!

     
  • At 8:59 p.m., Blogger Hilda said…

    As you are doing you will pass your goal, it is great to feel like that!! How not to love it??

    I practiced that the ice-bath, well of course it wasn't only ice, but cold water and ice. I just put my lower body in, it helped my ITB a lot!

     
  • At 10:24 p.m., Blogger Olga said…

    It is a great way to get motivated - to make plans and have them visible. I post mine on the fridge:) as I am spending lots of time in the kitchen cooking for my men. I like setting up plans too, even though I work with a coach, I always have a saying to add what I think I would benefit from (at least mentally). Keep it rolling, girl! Last year I felt tired doing small double-a-day, now I crank big ones and - no negative effect. You'll round up to a nice number before you know it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home