Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Track blues

Well, easy week is over and it's back to the grindstone for me - time to hike up that mileage for my 10k next month. I'm looking forward to running, but one thing is odd: it's a beautiful day outside, but I'm gravitating towards the indoor track.

It's rather irrational, I guess. I mean, it's a sunny, warm day, there are things to see, an outdoor run is probably the best idea. But for some reason, I'm hesitant, and I feel like I'd rather just go to the track and do some mindless loops to the sound of music in my ears. I suppose it might have to do with the fact that my legs are really achy today, and I'd rather the relative softness of track than the pounding of asphalt - not to mention flatness vs. the undulating city streets (okay, so that might be a slight exaggeration...). It might be because I am in love with my iPod, and I want to listen to it, but hesitant to do so while dodging downtown traffic. It might just be because the ex (ooooh, it's so weird to call him that) is going to the gym, and I feel like some company (he runs way too fast for me to keep up outdoors. Inside, I can say hi whenever he laps me.)

This is so pathetic. What kind of runner choses to run a more boring course when better ones are available?

Oh well. It's what I feel like doing, regardless of how silly it may seem. I'll have plenty of time in the summer to run in the sun, and there won't be the option of the gym at all. Might as well get my money's worth out of it now!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:37 p.m., Blogger Olga said…

    Any kind of runner can choose any kind of route depending on how it feels. But saying hi to an ex...could be a potential downer. Think hard.

     
  • At 4:43 p.m., Blogger Hilda said…

    I felt gravitating while reading!

    The runner that will choose this course will be an in love one, if that is your motivation, great nobody will blame you for that, we'll keep it secret....
    mmmm by the way was your ex reading this pages??

     
  • At 7:14 p.m., Blogger Liv said…

    He he, don't worry I'm not a stalker, my ex and I live together in residence so we see each other all the time - going to the gym together is a frequent occurence. But no, he doesn't read these pages, my blog life is my dirty little secret, and as far as I know, none of my friends have found it (anyone out there want to confess otherwise?)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home