Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Friday, April 07, 2006

True confessions

Thanks to everybody who left encouraging comments on my last post. I did eventually get out for a run, although it wasn't until yesterday, and I am feeling a lot better. I suppose I ought to offer some form of explanation for my sudden tirade about being "emotional" - in a very tight nutshell, my boyfriend and I broke up and are now working at being "just friends". It's pretty draining. We've been together for over two years so this is a tough adjustment to make. Mostly, time passing is just helping me out right now - things don't hurt so much once you have a little distance. So that's the story, and the reason why I was such a bad blogger and runner for a while there.

Of course, the best shallow way to get through an emotional time is to treat yourself with something terribly materialistic and expensive. That's right - I finally got the ipod. Oh, baby. Little nano 4G. And it is sexxxxxxy. I can't wait to go running with it - although I'll probably hold off on that until tomorrow, since I'm supposed to be resting today. I *heart* rest week - it's shameful how much I'm loving being a lazy bum and cutting back my mileage. But I know that this respite will make me eager to get back to tougher running next week.

Maybe I'll go cross-train at the gym, just so I can show it off. Well, okay, not that anyone will notice one more ipod added to the zillions already in there. But I will feel so awesome anyway.

6 Comments:

  • At 2:27 p.m., Blogger mouse said…

    I feel your pain, Liv. my ex and I have been working on the "just being friends" thing for over a year (we were together 6.5 years). It's a hard thing to do... make sure you give yourself enough space if you feel like you need it. Now's the time to be focusing on yourself... and doing things like buying yourself an iPod! yay!

     
  • At 6:12 p.m., Blogger Iron Jayhawk said…

    :hugs:

    Just remember, you're now making yourself available for Mr. Right. What an injustice it would be if you were still with the ex when he pops into your life.

    And congrats on the nano. Those babies are HOTT. Color.Me.Jealous.

     
  • At 6:15 p.m., Blogger Olga said…

    Shoot on a break up! Interesting thing is once you're married you still have to go through those...love yourself, never give up and always remember - we do have to adjust, but you still better be accepted of who you are, not imaginary picture.

     
  • At 11:18 p.m., Blogger onepinkfuzzy said…

    :(

    I hope things start to even out soon. Yeah, baby, on the iPod - sweet! Keep running, it's like an internal "re-set" button, and will help you feel better in the long run. No pun intended :)

     
  • At 4:25 p.m., Blogger Hilda said…

    Now that you have the ipod, you are definitely ready to overcome this stage, nothing better than with lots of running!

     
  • At 3:09 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Sorry to hear about the break up. Good luck on working everything out. Maybe you can drown yourself with running and studying, or like you said buy yourself something that you have wanted.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home