Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I can't believe I forgot to brag!

Looking back over my recent posts, I've realized I completely omitted any mention of a major milestone I passed last week - namely, the eight mile milestone! (okay, so I didn't "pass" it, but I got there!) Last Saturday I officially logged the longest "long" run of my life so far, and okay, it took me almost an hour and a half to do it, but hey, now I can say, "I ran for an hour and a half", which also sounds pretty awesome. I even managed it without music, because at that point my mp3 player was dead and I was still awaiting nano's arrival; luckily for me, I ran into my sometime "running buddy" at the gym that day, and he did a few laps with me every so often to keep me company.

I can't believe I didn't crow about this yet! Well, yes, I can believe it, because Saturday immediately after the run was the dreaded breakup, shortly followed by myself becoming severely intoxicated, dancing like a maniac all night, and not blogging for a week (don't I deal well with my feelings?!) So my moment of triumph slipped totally under the radar. But here it is, resurrected and recounted in all of its glory.

Going to attempt it again this week!

10 Comments:

  • At 12:06 p.m., Blogger Jessica DeLine said…

    Congrats - and yeah don't forget to brag. The 8 mile mark is great!!

     
  • At 12:10 p.m., Blogger Brooke said…

    Good for you!! And dancing all night after you ran the furthest distance in your life is definately cause to brag too.

     
  • At 12:20 p.m., Blogger mouse said…

    woohoo! way to go!

     
  • At 1:17 p.m., Blogger psbowe said…

    Way to go Liv, you're doing an awesome job, pretty soon it'll be a breeze for you.

    btw, about the site visitor stats thing, just go to like statscounter.com or sitemeter.com(which I use) and sign up. It's pretty interesting.

     
  • At 3:42 p.m., Blogger onepinkfuzzy said…

    YAY!!!!!!!!

    Way to go!

    And no worries on doing the track over being outside. Do what feels right to you, and enjoy it.

     
  • At 9:55 p.m., Blogger Hilda said…

    That was a great run you had!!
    Hope the next one, gives you much more joyce!

     
  • At 10:53 p.m., Blogger Olga said…

    You will be clicking double-digits before you even know that! Trust me, first 2 hrs are the most mentally tough, then it's all downhill:)

     
  • At 12:26 a.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Congratulations Liv! Go ahead and give yourself a pat on the back from me.

     
  • At 6:50 p.m., Blogger Amy said…

    I give you kudos everytime I read that you ran for more than 20 min on a track...I have a touch of self-diagnosed ADD and can't do anything that is repetitive...so Congrats on the 8 miles and bigger congrats that you ran that many laps!

     
  • At 7:08 p.m., Blogger Joyce said…

    congrats! thats so awesome! I'm glad the running is working out so well for you :)

    and hey, we all deal with our feelings differently, dont beat yourself up over it... many a time i've soothed a broken heart with some vodka :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home