Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Cross-training rocks (almost as much as running)

It may not have been a running day, but it's been a physically productive one nonetheless. I attended my first ever drop-in fitness class today - oh woe is me, I am supposed to be the girl who runs around the track that overlooks the lower gym, mocking the people below me, and I have become one with the enemy! I console myself with the fact that it was a core conditioning class - I haven't succumbed to the devil that is step class yet. Thing is, these classes look idiotic from above, but they're a hard-core workout - no pun intended.

Well, moderately hard-core. To be honest, we did a lot of legs work in comparison to abs, but I guess as a runner I can't complain about that. I was hoping though for that deliciously satisfying post-workout pain, but as of yet it hasn't surfaced (ask me again when I wake up in the morning...) The class was pretty slow-paced compared with what I had imagined.

But oh well, I made up for the slight disappointment there by heading to the pool afterwards for a few laps. I always seem to neglect swimming for ages, but when I do it again I am reminded of how much I love the water. Swimming is such a fantastic workout. I really should be taking better advantage of all the pools at this university...

All in all much more satisfying than taking a rest day. I've got to start cutting back on those...! I love to exercise, I really do - I just happen to also love being terminally lazy.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:54 a.m., Blogger Hilda said…

    Continue enjoying both states!

    Nice workout and good you enjoy also that much to swim!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home