Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Mmmmm

Finally snuck in some crosstraining today - I've been seriously slacking on all forms of exercise other than running, which ultimately is probably not good for me. I have some gimpy knees to think of, after all. 15min on the bike, 15min legs, and a 10min stretch. It was short and sweet, and although I would have gladly done more, I had to ditch the gym so I could go gorge myself on wings and beer with a bunch of friends. Hmm... somehow I don't think the calories burned took care of the calories consumed. But the meal was wicked.

Hunh. I totally had something else I was going to add to this post, but I'm just tipsy enought that I haven't a clue any more what it was going to be. And it was probably so brilliant and insightful too. Oh well, if I remember I'll post it later. So this is what alcohol is doing to my brain...

Update, literally 20 seconds after posting this...

Oh yes - it's come back to me now. I was going to lament the apparent death of my mp3 player. It has always been a piece of trash ever since I bought it on ebay for way too little money - it may be true after all that you get what you pay for. The thing has many very irritating habits including cutting off songs and jumping to the next one, neglecting altogether to play some of the songs I upload, and occasionally just chosing to shut itself off entirely. I am not the greatest multitasker, and fiddling with my mp3 player while running laps while trying to avoid people while trying to count said laps is almost more than I can handle...

So it's never been a very reliable piece of machinery, and today when I accidentally dropped it on the floor, it pretty much officially broke up with me. The control button caved in, and it refuses to believe it's not permanently connected to the computer, to judge by the LCD screen. Goes without saying, it's no longer playing music for me.

It's been an altogether rocky relationship. It probably knows how much I've been toying with the idea of buying an ipod nano, and it's jealous because it knows it could never attain that degree of sexiness. It has a point.

My one reservation about the nano is it's just so damn expensive. However, tax season is just around the corner, and being a destitute student, I'm thinking the government might be kind to me. And if you really do get what you pay for... this has got to be one quality high-tech toy.

So farewell, old mp3 player. You have been my companion, you have had your good days, but you have never been truly faithful to me. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to get over you.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:40 a.m., Blogger Amy said…

    Love it! I bought an mp3 player from Target months ago and it has been my fearless and faithful pal. I am sure that it will definitely last me to my marathon and beyond. And I only spent $49 on it!!!!!

     
  • At 10:00 a.m., Blogger mouse said…

    mmm... wings and beer... quality dinner, I say.

    I have a full sized ipod and a shuffle (I know, like I really need two ipods?) and I adore both of them. But I really wish that I had a nano. they're absurdly cute. Rae has one, I think, and i'm pretty sure she likes hers.

     
  • At 1:25 p.m., Blogger psbowe said…

    Yum on wings and beer(for the hubby), I'll stick with root bear, I know big difference but still yummy!

    after much abuse to my nano, I settled for a shuffle(cheaper)... and I like it..

     
  • At 1:55 p.m., Blogger Hilda said…

    Sorry for the lost of your nice partner, as I think they become.
    I want to buy an ipod, but I am still wondering of chosing the nano or the shuffle, I don't want to use it on my arm...
    Right now I have a sony mp3, who deletes songs but that covered with a plastic fits into my shorts inner pocket.

     
  • At 8:34 p.m., Blogger Joyce said…

    i have the nano :) I like it so far :) i think they just came out with a 1gb one that isnt as expensive as the other ones... i knew as soon as the xmas rush was over they would do that! anywho... the only thing i dont like about it is that you have to use itunes.... when i rip my cd's i use a different program to make them mp3's and then import into itunes instead of using itunes to rip them cause it will make them mp4's and then i cant share them with anyone else unless they use itunes as well... a small pain, but it's worth it... i had a sony mp3 player before the nano and i had to return it, it skipped so bad!

    oh and the thing with the nano's too is that a lot of reviews say they scratch VERY easy... so make sure that you get a skin to cover it... i cant vouch for that cause i put mine in a skin immediately and havent ever taken it out! but i got a skin with a string attached so i can wear it around my neck :) good luck if you get one!

     
  • At 8:42 p.m., Blogger onepinkfuzzy said…

    you're funny when you're tipsy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home