Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Icky 5k

Today was not a good run. Eked out a sad 5k, getting frustrated by being passed, being bored, feeling out of sorts, and also feeling like I had to pee, even though I went just before I started. Oh well, we all have days like this - and on a happier note, I remember a time in very recent memory when I wouldn't have been able to "eke out" a whole 5k to save my life; so I'll take comfort in that small measure of progress.

In other, more exciting 5k news: I've signed up for one! So my first race of the season will be the "St. Patrick's Day" 5k run on March 12th. I have about six weeks to add speedwork to my program, so the plan is to max out around 25-30k/week and concentrate on regular interval training. Gonna knock the socks off this one!!! I would love to come in under 29 minutes, as last year my 5k best (well, only) was 30:43 (although I came first in my age group - out of three people - but yesssss!!!) anyway so I think it's a very reasonable but still challenging goal.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:13 a.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    I think it is that time of year to have those kind of days. Let's hope for better ones.

     
  • At 1:56 p.m., Blogger psbowe said…

    Oh, you can soo break your PR. You've got plenty of time to train. We all have bad days, had one last night myself.

     
  • At 12:47 a.m., Blogger Jess said…

    I have so many "icky" running days that when I have a good one I wish it were something tangible I could hug and kiss.

     
  • At 8:00 a.m., Blogger A Deal Or No Deal said…

    That's an awesome race. The weather might be dodgy, it was freakishly cold last year, but you get beer at the end. I was ambivalent about it, but people seem to like beer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home