Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Monday, January 23, 2006

People

It's so easy, as a runner, to get annoyed with people - they're in your way, they leer, they sneer, they yell stupid comments as you trot past (especially if they're construction workers - what's up with those guys anyway???)

But then there are just those days when the whole world seems so friendly - as though there is a good mood in the air and people are breathing it in. Today was one of those days, apparently - this incredibly seasonable January weather must be doing us all some good.

I got so many smiles from people today, just nice friendly smiles - not sneering or being lecherous (of course, I'm not the most attractive object these days, encased in my fleece vest and gloves - but my leggings are pretty damn hot) - just genuine, benevolent smiles. I even had one funny old guy say to me as I cruised (okay, shuffled) past: "keep runnin', keep runnin - such a nice day!"

Excellent advice, from my point of view. And I followed it with pleasure. 4k at 10:20s - I'm slowly, oh so slowly, getting faster - yay !!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:38 p.m., Blogger psbowe said…

    Hey send some that friendly mood on this way...kidding it's not bad here.

     
  • At 6:53 p.m., Blogger Joyce said…

    i noticed that yesterday as well, and they said on the news that it was going to be the most depressing day of the year!
    *oh what do they know*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home