Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Something to be proud of

Today marked my last official run while on Christmas vacation, and in complete immodesty I want the whole world to know how proud I am of myself. Usually, winter vacation inevitably entails serious slacking off, and I'm lucky if I fit in a single workout. Plus, of course, this comes right alongside stuffing my face with all sorts of fabulous cooking and oodles of chocolate concoctions.

But this vacation was different: I got out and ran 3-4 times every week, despite the cold, wind, slush and darkness. I topped it off today with a 7k easy run, the farthest I have gone since a major setback last month. I even fit in a couple of strength workouts. So overall, yay!

Of course, I haven't stood on a scale yet... we'll see what the numbers have to say about my efforts. However, I think my belly is distinctly flatter than before. At least - it is in the morning, before I've eaten anything. Which, I maintain, is the only sensible time a woman should critically look at her body, anyway.

And just so you don't all think I'm completely self-centred, I am quite sure that I can attribute a lot of this success to reading so many running blogs which kept my motivation high throughout. There's nothing like reading about others who are running marathons, or working towards them, to make me want to push myself a little bit further. So thanks everyone! Keep running!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:19 a.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Nice job on the 7K and don't let the scale get you down if you don't like the numbers.

     
  • At 4:47 a.m., Blogger psbowe said…

    Very cool Liv! You should definitely be proud of yourself for all that running! Keep it up.

     
  • At 3:53 p.m., Blogger A Deal Or No Deal said…

    Always remember that no one who sees you running on the street has any idea of how far or fast you're running. When you glare at passer-by, remember that you could easily be running at 5:30/mile in your fourteenth mile.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home