Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Cookie monster

There is a tin of Pirouline at work. A big tin chock-full of those blessedly chocolately hazelnutty cookies of goodness. Or at least, it was full...

It was sitting on a shelf at about my eye level (not very high...), so every time I reached in and took one I couldn't actually see how many were left. Until now, when I reached in, and closed my hand around - nothing!

They're gone! Only a few crumbly half-pieces in the bottom! And I think I may have eaten them ALL myself - the only other person who's been working here this week doesn't LIKE chocolate (which, I must point out, seems to me very unnatural.) Oh dear. I really have surpassed myself.

But they were SO yummy. Totally worth it.

Anway, I'm going to burn off all those calories when I tackle a 7k "long" run on Friday. Maybe it's not that long, but it will be the farthest I have run all in one go since being injured, so I am excited about it anyway. Baby steps.

I also managed to get out today, for a tempo run. It's funny, when I do them (not as often as I should...), I always feel cheated - the slightly faster pace makes me feel like I'm working SO much harder than normal, but my runs are so short that the difference in time is usually hardly noticeable - today I cut barely a minute from my "easy" time! But averaged over the measly 3k that I ran, that adds up to a 20 second reduction in pace/km, which is actually huge! It just doesn't feel that way.

Ah well. No one ever accused me of being speedy :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home