Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Two triumphs

Triumph #1: I ran! Fi-nuh-lee, it's the 5th of the month, and I make it out for my first run. Tsk, tsk, and only two miles, too. I didn't have time for more - I had to get to work! But at least I got out there, and it was a good two miles, dammit, and my counter gets to climb by that much more. Liv to run is on the radar again.

Triumph #2: Weight milestone! As of this evening, I am officially 10 pounds lighter than I was at the peak of my winter dumpiness, some four months ago. Seeing that number made me grin from ear to ear. And then, to celebrate, I ate a bowl of pierogies. No sour cream involved - but still, I did not get back on the scale when they were done :)

9 Comments:

  • At 7:52 a.m., Blogger Rice said…

    nothing like Padoge's to celebrate a weight loss..

    Cheers.

    Rice.

     
  • At 8:12 a.m., Blogger L*I*S*A said…

    Congrats on the weight loss and the run!

     
  • At 9:39 a.m., Blogger onepinkfuzzy said…

    WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 11:04 a.m., Blogger Joe said…

    Congrats on the run and the weight loss!

     
  • At 1:38 p.m., Blogger Jess said…

    Glad to see your blogging again. I wondered if you had perhaps fallen off the earth -- that sometimes happens in Canada (you're so close to the edge up there).

     
  • At 3:25 p.m., Blogger Backofpack said…

    Good deal!

     
  • At 10:13 p.m., Blogger MNFirefly said…

    I love Pierogies...especially the fresh ones at a Russian deli. Yummm! You have me hungry for them now. I will have to get some after my hair appointment.

    Congrads on the weight loss.

     
  • At 5:34 p.m., Blogger SRR said…

    Yeah for the weight loss! But for the record, I think you looked fabulous regardless of those 10 pesky pounds!

     
  • At 8:35 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Congratulations on being 10 pounds lighter. I am still the same weight as my post-injury left me a little heavier than last year at this time, like 10-15 pounds heavier. It sucks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home