Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Why I should not be allowed on the internet at work

As most of you know, I am currently working part-time night shifts. I have a lot of downtime over the course of the night, and as you can probably guess this is why all my comments on your blogs are labelled "posted at 3 or 4 or 5 or some other ridiculous time that ends in a.m."

I love being "paid to blog". I do. The problem? When I blog, I think about running. When I think about running, I think about running stuff that I would like to have. I think about internet shopping. I think about shopping for non-running items as well. The lapse in judgement occurs. The credit card makes an appearance. And presto! There goes my salary... but something really cool is in the mail!

Okay, so I exaggerate. I'm not spending nearly as much as I'm making. But I'm beginnning to think it's an addiction, just as much as blogging. Perhaps I should focus on the latter, and leave the magical plastic at home. Oh, and I'd have to un-memorize the number, too. That's bad. That's really bad. Lol. No one should internet shop so much they know their credit card number!!!

However, please do admire the pic of the poster I just purchased tonight. At 20% off, people - at least, while a compulsive shopper, I'm a smart one. And hey, this one's going up on my wall, to be a continual source of motivation - I consider it money well spent!

Frivolous purchases aside, though, do not by any means take seriously the title of this post. I would cry all night long if someone took away my internet - my steadfast and true source of entertainment, inspiration, and relentless consumerism :)

--------------

Update: despite its questionable legality (meh, it's all about sharing!) I'm plugging Running Jayhawk's Great RBF Music Exchange. Go see what all the fuss is about!

8 Comments:

  • At 8:09 a.m., Blogger L*I*S*A said…

    Love that poster...I consider that money well spent! I, too, have memorized my CC number. It's a curse, but it sure is handy. ;)

     
  • At 8:53 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Liv,

    I love that poster!! What does it say under the Believe? And where did you find it? I just might need one for myself. :)

     
  • At 9:27 a.m., Blogger tryathlete said…

    Shouldn't it be Be Liv?

     
  • At 12:07 p.m., Blogger SRR said…

    You have your credit card number memorized? Holy shit...I shop alot but not enough to warrent that. You go girl...plastic ranks up there with diamonds!!!

     
  • At 2:05 p.m., Blogger Backofpack said…

    Nice poster - I want to know what it says under Believe too! And I love Try's comment - too funny. I don't have the internet shopping problem but I have the running gear shopping problem. I'd rather buy running clothes than regular clothes or shoes.

     
  • At 4:09 p.m., Blogger Jess said…

    Internet shopping is why I am still paying off a credit card that I cut up three years ago. Well, internet shopping, drinking and traveling -- at least I have something to show from the traveling and shopping.

     
  • At 7:04 p.m., Blogger carmen said…

    I love the poster! I need some visual motivation when I head out the door...thanks for reminding me!

    At least you have a credit card...I unfortunately maxed mine out and now they're cancelled.

    Bad College STudent, BAD!!

     
  • At 11:37 p.m., Blogger Liv said…

    By popular demand... underneath it says: "Believe in yourself. You must do that which you think you cannot."

    You can find it at www.allposters.com by searching for "marathon" (sorry I can't figure out the direct url, but it's one of the first ones that pops up).

    And Marty, my goodness, I'm blushing! I think I've successfully got you fooled. Lol.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home