Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Loving the smartcoach

So I've realized that my next race, a 10k, is less than 8 weeks away, and I'd better get cracking on a training plan if I want to actually race it rather than shuffle, like I did last year. There's a lot to be said for shuffling, and I'm sure I'll do it for the entire half marathon, but for a shorter distance I feel like pushing the pace.

I was on the Runner's World website, just looking for articles related to training and figuring I would grab one of their pre-made plans and tailor it to my needs. But instead, I came across "smartcoach", this completely awesome feature that allows you to plug in your individual specifications and then it churns out a customized plan all your own! I have no idea how long this tool has been available, I only just discovered it, but it's fantastic - I highly recomment checking it out. I got my whole 8 weeks mapped out in about a minute and a half, and my training is already in the works.

In fact, after lunch, it's time to take on run #2 - yay! Come on digestion, hurry up already...

5 Comments:

  • At 2:56 p.m., Blogger Darrell said…

    Love the name of your blog!
    Thanks for the headsup on Smartcoach. I tried it. It looks pretty interesting. I put in hard for the effort and it is certainly harder than what I'm currently doing. I may go back and revise it to medium.

     
  • At 5:19 p.m., Blogger psbowe said…

    Yay, on finding the training plan. Enjoy it.

    Btw, a big congrats on the PR in your recent 5K! You totally rock!!

     
  • At 8:48 p.m., Blogger onepinkfuzzy said…

    wow, that's awesome!

    they just need to add ultra distances!

     
  • At 11:40 p.m., Blogger Iron Jayhawk said…

    Woo! Love this...thanks so much for sharing!!

     
  • At 9:44 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Good luck with the smartcoach. I could use one of those as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home