Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Procrastinating

I have to work, when I wish I could work out. Tomorrow is supposed to be a running day, but if I have to do this essay all afternoon I am not going to make it happen. *Sigh* - I should really be finishing it up today and getting it off my mind, but I'm just so soo soooo bloody tired of reading and writing and reading and writing. Too many papers, too little time.

Blogging is another matter of course. This is reading and writing by choice, not demand. A whole other world. Interesting and funny thing though - I was researching for my essay, about one of my favourite authors, and on her website I came across her blog, on Blogger no less! Ha ha, the internet makes it a very small world, does it not? Not that that furthers my paper or anything, but I thought it was cool nonetheless.

Anyway, I'm just wasting time. I should go work diligently again.

A little word of wisdom from a friend of mine, concerning procrastination. Warning: it's rude, so read on at your own risk, and don't say I didn't warn you because I know you're not going to stop here no matter what I say...

"Procrastination is like masturbation... you do it because it feels so good, but in the end you realize - you've fucked yourself."

With such luminary advice in mind, I'm off to finish this paper.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:44 p.m., Blogger Jessica DeLine said…

    haha.. nice quote at the end there! I recently came across your blog and wanted to say hi from another runner!

     
  • At 9:41 p.m., Blogger onepinkfuzzy said…

    that's the sound of my snort in reading the quote

    I have found that most of my favorite authors have blogs! Apparently, the industry is learning that the new way to connect with readers is via the Net. Gone are the days of book-signings, hello blogs! Which is sooo cool - one of my favorite authors found my blog from a comment I left, and she left a comment!!! Too cool. I also ended up giving running advice to another favorite author. Just awesome.

     
  • At 6:56 a.m., Blogger Olga said…

    Loved the quote:)!
    Hang in there with school. Get some sleep.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home