Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

My neck's in the noose

I'm really in for it now, and there's no turning back.

In addition to the 5k I am running in March (doable), my running season now officially includes a 10k in May (challenging) and a half-marathon in September (yikes - what have I done???)!

Okay, I'm not really griping, I'm actually super excited about it all. I get to explore different types of training for each distance, I'll be sure to stay motivated through the summer with such a big goal at the end of it, and hey, there have got to be some sort of bragging rights involved, right?

Not to mention all the "free" shirts. Now that's where it's really at.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:43 a.m., Blogger Iron Jayhawk said…

    whenever you start to lose motivation, pop in one of those feel good sports movies...you know...Miracle...Prefontaine...Saint Ralph...Mighty Duck (hehee!)...those always seem to get me back on track.

    You're going to rock at all your races! Mike and I determined that the best reason to sign up for a race is indeed the free stuff :)

     
  • At 11:50 a.m., Blogger Kim said…

    You're gonna do great!!! You already have a base...I started running again last summer (July) - with ZERO base...couldn't even do more than a quarter mile without walking...I completed a Half Marathon in November - slow but only walked at water stations.
    You can brag all you want! It's awesome...and the shirts can be cool too! :)

     
  • At 7:51 p.m., Blogger Joyce said…

    awesome! best of luck to you! you will do great!

     
  • At 4:54 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    It's good to push beyond the limits. Make sure to have fun during the process as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home