Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Sometimes you just need a little motivation...

This should be a quick post because I am procrastinating like mad and I should be studying for midterms... not much to report anyway except a nice tempo run today which wasn't really meant to be. It should have been 5k easy, but since I slept until THREE pm and the gym closes at five, I hustled my butt over there and started running "really fast" (aka 10 minute miles) in order to get it done before I got kicked out. The upshot was that I ran my fastest 4k in months! I stopped there because it was five and I figured I'd get booted any second - but wouldn't you know, turns out they were keeping special extended hours today because of intramural sports - I could have gone as long and as slow as I pleased! Grrr.... oh well, I'm training for a 5k, not a marathon - I should be picking up the intensity anyway. So yeah, deadlines apparently motivate me, even if they are imaginary. Too bad the deadlines for all this studying I'm not doing are oh-so-real... back to the books I go.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:25 a.m., Blogger Iron Jayhawk said…

    Ah! Behold the beauty of having a workout facility in our condo...no hours, no getting kicked out. Just fighting for machines.

    Good luck hitting the books...hope they don't hit back too hard!

     
  • At 5:13 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    I am also a homework-test studying procrastinator. Alright back to the books for me as well.

     
  • At 7:23 p.m., Blogger psbowe said…

    They should start offering class on blogging, I think most of us would do very well.

     
  • At 8:49 a.m., Blogger tania_del said…

    I should be working right now as well, but instead I'm writting this comment!

    BTW, congrats on the 11K the other day.

     
  • At 2:14 p.m., Blogger onepinkfuzzy said…

    You slept in tiil three?

    I'm so jealous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home