Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Breakthrough week

Big milestone this week: I logged 25k! Now, to be fair, I did this once before... back in November... and afterwards my whole body went kaput and I couldn't run properly for weeks! Yup, I learned the hard way what happens when you double your distance without a proper base. But there was a bright side: without that downer, I probably never would have started this blog, and then where would I be now? The world would be inconceivably altered!

The breakdown: Sunday 4k (moderate pace)
Tuesday 5k ("easy" pace... except it felt brutal...)
Wednesday 10x400m (hard pace) plus 1k warm up/cooldown
Today... Friday... drumroll please... 11k!

I'm sure you can guess how fast that 11k was... I almost couldn't stop at all because I felt like I'd been running for 10 years straight! In fact, it wasn't until I stopped that my body began to protest. I was very "in the zone" - and I loved it. So I'm officially past half of a Half, and creeping up to it every week. I have my eye on the Scotiabank Waterfront Half-Marathon in September - plenty of time to train and fit it a couple of shorter races first. 21k... seems soooo far... soooo worth getting to.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:03 p.m., Blogger A Deal Or No Deal said…

    Someday you'll look back at this and laugh with embarassment, like I do whenever I recall how I would keep a running total of runs that had been longer than 10 km.

     
  • At 7:54 p.m., Blogger Liv said…

    Yeah, probably - and then I'll feel even better about the distances I'm logging then. But for now, these are big steps for me, and documenting them gives me a real sense of accomplishment.

     
  • At 8:18 p.m., Blogger onepinkfuzzy said…

    Yay!!!! That's awesome!!!

     
  • At 8:42 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Way to go Liv!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home