Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Pain and gain

One of the little-known facts about me is that I am a closet trampolinist. Well, okay, maybe that's an exaggeration. But I've been taking recreational trampoline classes this year, and let me just say it is one of the coolest sports on Earth. Bouncing and flipping 10 feet in the air - now that rocks. Unfortunately, this incredibly exhilerating pastime comes with its share of perils.

Scrapes and falls are par for the course - some are just more graceful than others. For example, in class this week, while attempting to execute a backdrop-half turn-to-backdrop sequence, my coach was berating me for being too conservative and not "flinging" myself into the move enough. So, like a compliant student I obediently "flung" myself - right into the oh-so-original position of "ear drop". This move is very neither here-nor-there: not quite on my back, or my side, or my neck, although most definitely on my ear. Mostly, though, it was my neck which suffered the consequences, and all my muscles from about the small of my back on up have not let me hear the end of it since - and this was Monday! Ack!

Well, as everyone around here is so fond of saying, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger". I would like to expand upon this statement in the view of increasing its accuracy - "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger - but it might land you in traction along the way."

So with that risk in mind, my rebellious neck and I are off to run :)

2 Comments:

  • At 9:48 p.m., Blogger onepinkfuzzy said…

    yikes! but it sounds like fun (well, maybe except for your ear)

     
  • At 12:03 a.m., Blogger Iron Jayhawk said…

    Ouchies! Feel better sweetpea!

    I must admit...that's so freakin' cool that you're taking trampoline classes. Back in my cheerleading days I had a blast doing tumbling passes on the tumble track.

    Oh how I long for the days of bouncing around again...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home