Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Runnin' in a winter wonderland

One thing about moving out of rez for the holidays is that it cuts me off from running in the oh-so-warm indoors. As a student, I have full membership to the TWO gyms on campus and thus a flat and temperate run is never more than a five-minute walk away. Of course, I enjoy running outdoors far more than doing mindless laps, but when it's sub-zero and snowing, I have to admit my preferences shift a little.

But, being at home as I am, unwilling to give up running for three weeks just as I'm finally getting back into it, I have no choice but to slog it through the snow and enjoy it.

Surprisingly, I did. Wearing a new pair of comfy leggings, a turtleneck sweater and fleece gloves (not to mention my new running shoes on their inaugural outdoor excursion!), I jogged an easy 3k around the neighborhood, and I have to say, it was lovely. It IS nice to see a change in scenery and incline once in a while. Even breathing in the cold air was alright - an optimist might term it "invigorating". Whatever. The point is, I liked it, it worked, and I'm sure as hell going to do it again!

Progress update: 12k total last week, aiming for 14 this week, and moving on up - weather be damned!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:45 a.m., Blogger D said…

    Good that you got out any way and ran. Sometimes when faced w/the choice of not running and running in unpleasant conditions, we choose the latter! Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 11:48 a.m., Blogger Ryan said…

    Great job to brave the cold, Liv. It does feel good getting your run on in the winter, doesn't it?? Hang in there!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home