Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Moo

Food, food, food. I'm home for the holidays, and eating like a cow, and it's great because wonder of wonders, I've actually LOST two pounds this week!
That whole "eating like a cow" thing though - really, what is that supposed to mean? Because as far as I know, all cows ever eat is grass - granted, they munch all day long, which is a pretty accurate description of my eating habits, but it certainly isn't the protein-and-complex-carb gorge-fest that people usually are referring to when they use the expression. I guess it's mostly just because cows seem so fat. Interesting. Which brings me to my next observation: what about "eating like a bird"? Seriously, we feed birds all through the winter at home, and they are anything but light eaters, and certainly not delicate. Seeds, seeds everywhere, and they go through pounds a week! And don't even get me started on hummingbirds (who would need a lot less food if they stopped fighting with each other over feeders all the time!) So again, it must be a size thing. Funny how we associate eating habits with size. Which begs the question, should I really be consuming less food to stay slim?
I sure as hell hope not. I fancy myself more of a bird than a cow, anyway.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:43 p.m., Blogger Amy said…

    I never thought about eating that way! Great blog!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home