Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

A stab at sanity

Well it may not be New Year's yet but I can't wait that long to make a resolution: I am going to pull my running out of the trash can no later than this very week. My plan of attack: forget that I ran 11k less than a month ago. Forget that I raced (quite competently, I might add!) this summer. Hell, forget that I even know how to bloody run! I figure, if I start from square one, I can't get discouraged, because I will make small enough goals that I am sure to achieve them. And if little by little the goals increase, well then, I'll eventually end up where I want to be. No one said this shit was easy, or fast. But if Runner's World gush is anything to go by (and the magazine is the closest thing I have to a Bible!), "the struggle of the journey make the accomplishments worthwhile." Oh poo. But I'll buy it anyway.

So here's the intended plan for the week - my mantra: "I am a tortoise. That is a good thing."

Sunday: 3k - walk 200m, run 400m
Tuesday: 3k - walk 200m, run 800m
Thursday: 3k - run the whole bloody thing

On the off-days I'm going to work in some stretching and strengthening a.k.a. yoga, pilates, weights.

And that should keep me fairly happy, and moderately sane.

Ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home