Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Yoga Bear

Okay, okay, so knowing myself I realized after my 11 hour (!) sleep and my burger for breakfast that I can't *really* do absolutely nothing with my body without feeling like an utter tub of lard (not to mention looking like one!) So I decided to rekindle my rocky relationship with that most overtaken by pop-culture of ancient Eastern arts, that's right, I'm talking about yoga.

Yoga and I are definitely one of those on-again, off-again couples. I don't always have time for it and it doesn't always have time for me, although we both seem to agree that the moments we spend together are inevitably worthwhile. We generally flirt during the holidays when I have many an afternoon to my leisure, and break up during term because I am just far too swamped with work to idly glide about in strange, slow, time-consuming postures.

Ironically, of course, it is exactly when the pressure is getting to me the most that doing yoga would actually be of the greatest value. But it's like running in that sense: unless you *make* the time for it, that time gets eaten up by other worthy pursuits such as obsessive television watching and internet surfing. And there really just isn't a moment to spare.

However, having gotten off my butt for the past half hour and completed my first yoga session in many months, my body is telling me something to which I should probably listen: it LIKES yoga. It WANTS to be limber instead of stiff, sore, and constantly achy. So maybe, just maybe, it's time to take this relationship to the next level. Because hey, if it ends up getting me back on my feet and running again, it'll definitely be worth going steady.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home