Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Ode to a treadmill and to teeny-bopper music

Okay so normally I am not a fan of the treadmill. When I run I feel like I should be going somewhere, even if it's just around and around a track - at least my progress is measured in something other than numbers on a screen. But yesterday the treadmill became my good good friend, so I have to give it its due: at last, I had a decent run again: no aches, no pains (no speed either, but that's secondary) - just 2 miles of blissful running, with none other than Avril Lavigne herself blasting in my ears.

That's right, I admit it. I generally have pretty eclectic taste in music, and although I consider this a good thing, it means I will listen to some embarrassingly odd stuff once in a while. So no, I am not 12 years old, but I can bang my head and pound my feet with the best of them to silly teeny-bopper punk rock. And as I discovered to my surprise yesterday, she makes a pretty damn good companion on an easy recovery run.

So yay for trying strange things while running - once in a while you discover something totally unexpected!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home