Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Spring has spRUNg

Well... I'm back. No promises of certain return yet (I've made them before!), but maybe I'm back for real this time. I've been an unfaithful blogger and should be taken out behind the aid station and pelted with PowerGel packets. But this is the first time I've honestly felt like posting in months! And I never intended to make a job out of this. I can be a flake that way :)

I haven't been significantly more committed on the running front either, but perhaps the tide is turning: spring is in the air, I have some wicked new Nike gear I got at an even more wicked discount, and oh yeah, I've signed up for several long races this summer, with the marathon as a grand finale - maybe I'd better be in shape to finish 'em!

Well the 10k's doable, anyway, because today's "5 miler" turned into 7. Somehow I made two conflicting plans: run up to the Beltline trail, along it for a stretch, and back home; and run five miles. People... I live much farther from the Beltline than I thought! But I stuck to the route rather than the distance, and was sweating, proud, and exhausted by the time I got home. Still looking fabulous in my hot new gear.

I will not support that last statement with photos. I can lie to you all if I feel like it :)

7 Comments:

  • At 2:42 a.m., Blogger Mai said…

    I used to run and jump and climb mountains, but never looked too good doing it whatever my gear.

    Please visit my blog; it's lonesome. http://mai-sometimes.blogspot.com

    or if that doesn't appeal,

    my parrot has just started blogging at http://gathuku.blogspot.com

     
  • At 9:05 a.m., Blogger miss petite america said…

    yeah! our fave lil canadian is back!!

    glad to hear you're alive :)

     
  • At 10:34 a.m., Blogger TX Runner Mom said…

    Welcome back! I think sporadic blogging is contagious this time of year.

     
  • At 10:14 p.m., Blogger Sonia said…

    Woohoo! Glad to see you back! And with a master plan that is (marathon)! Which one are you aiming for?? They've changed the Toronto Marathon route seems a lot nicer this year!

    Take care

     
  • At 1:49 p.m., Blogger bigandy said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 1:59 p.m., Blogger bigandy said…

    Woot!!! It's Excellent News Liv that you're back :) The ether is suddenly brighter.

     
  • At 9:54 p.m., Blogger MNFirefly said…

    Welcome back, Liv. We missed you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home