Liv to run

Lots of random ranting, whining, and attempts at being humourous as I run, run, run in pursuit of higher mileage and better races.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Is it hot in here, or is it just me?

They aren't kidding around when they call it hot yoga, people. Whew.

My muscles have been a real pain, literally, as of late, so yesterday my roomie and I went to try and force some limberness into our bones and some sweat out of our pores with some Bikram-style yoga. Honestly, sometimes I thought it was harder than the half marathon - at least then there was a breeze! I have never sweated so much in my life. I didn't know my body was capable of so much sweating, but there you have it. Liv to run, saltwater spring!

Nevertheless, when it was all over, did I ever feel virtuous and purified! Not to mention utterly exhausted, and in no state to even contemplate running, yesterday or today. I just don't think I can handle it. Which is mildly concerning, since this 10k is in less than two weeks' time. Maybe another yoga session or two is in order, and quickly, so I can get back to mercilessly pounding my body on the pavement like I should be.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:58 p.m., Blogger Olga said…

    Yay for Bikrma yoga!!! It rocks! You'll adjust, and it's so-o- good for you:)

     
  • At 10:35 a.m., Blogger miss petite america said…

    yoga is hard enough for me much less HOT yoga.

    but the benefits will be amazing. keep it up!

     
  • At 8:28 p.m., Blogger MNFirefly said…

    I love Bikram yoga!! It does get easier so keep practicing it. I go through three towels a session. Try to do a session three times a week every OTHER day with the running. You will notice a difference in your joints. I found that my ITB is much better..so far. Just make sure you hydrate afterwards.

     
  • At 2:47 a.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Good for you doing the hot yoga thing !! I like doing Bikram after running... I've named the sequence a "bikran":

    http://tixxx.wordpress.com/2007/02/28/an-exercise-cocktail/

     
  • At 11:39 a.m., Blogger Amy said…

    So glad you are back...sweaty yogafied and all!!!!

     
  • At 8:14 p.m., Blogger P.O.M. said…

    I loved Bikram. I guess I still do, but a few weeks ago I blacked out after class (in the lobby) and now I'm afraid to go back.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home